thanks to Katie Tripp for capturing this!

thanks to Katie Tripp for capturing this!
thanks to Katie Tripp for capturing this!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

To-Do Lists . . .

I always know when a vacation or relaxing period is drawing to a close when I start making lists. This week, our last full week at Our Lady of Grace, I started creating my “to-do before leaving” list, which includes far too many things to allow for sleep. We, Fellows and Anna, have been working with Brother Dominic to plan a retreat for the whole school for this Saturday, so final preparations for that are taking place. It also seems that the students have begun to realize how soon we will be leaving and are making many requests for talks, photos, and our presence at the school. My drum lessons have somehow turned into practices for a choreographed song that I will be performing with a few of the students on Sunday. I am neither a singer nor a dancer, so I’m still not quite sure how I got talked into this, but if it makes them happy, I will cooperate.

Most of our development work is finished for the time being, so we can truly focus on being present to the students and making the most of these precious moments together before our departure. We have already said a difficult goodbye to our dear friend, Maria, the Administrator of FTK, as she departed for her own holiday with family. I do not look forward to saying goodbye to all of my other dear friends here, but we are looking forward to our safari through the Masai Mara which will commence next Tuesday, July 26th.

I will write more when I check more things off my list!

Here is the link to the website we have worked on, there is still more to do, but please take a look and let us know what you think!
http://www.olgkenya.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment